Quotes about serving others from a few of the greats. Go ahead, quote them.
1. But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us—see that you also excel in the grace of giving. 2 Corinthians 8:7.
2. “If we do not lay out ourselves in the service of mankind whom should we serve?”- John Adams
3. “Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” ―Martin Luther King Jr.
4. “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” ―Albert Schweitzer
5. “It’s an amazing thing to think that ours is the FIRST GENERATION in history that can really put an end to injustice and extreme poverty. We let our own pathetic excuses about how it’s “difficult” justify our own inaction. Be honest. We have the science, the technology, and the wealth. What we don’t have is the will, and that’s not a reason that history will accept.” ― Bono, U2
6. We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. Romans 15:1-2
7. “Service is the rent we pay for being. It is the very purpose of life, and not something you do in your spare time.” ―Marian Wright Edelman
8. “You have not lived a day until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ―John Bunyan
9. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” ―Maya Angelou
10. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
What about you? Do you have a favorite quote, verse, or saying about serving others?