- NEW POST: ## mission twitter updates for 2010-08-13: – NEW POST: # mission twitter…
- Mmmm… There’s nothing like the smell of burning trash pit first thing in the morning. ## here in #
- Today is our last full day here in ## But it’s time to focus… we have one more VBS to do today. Praying that it’s fruitful!
- One of our interpreters said that the voodoo in ## is so bad that they sacrifice children up to 11-12 years old.
- Our interpreter says that he knows many small children that have just disappeared, most likely for voodoo sacrifice. ##
- Apparently there are people who have children for the sole purpose of being a voodoo sacrifice. ##
- Our one-day VBS… The kids are really enjoying the songs that we are doing with them! ##
- A little ‘indoor’ volleyball for our haitian VBS. The kids (and our team) are having a blast! #
- One little girl who just left crafts doesn’t seem to be interested in the ‘volleyball’ game… ##
- Wow… another 60+ salvations today at our ## style VBS! Amazing… We are praising God for a fruitful event!
- @alanrud a # style VBS is just a modified bible school event for the kids… Games, crafts, and teaching… lots of fun! in reply to alanrud #
- @Crimson_Cougar @bareknuckledawg @ @delapour thanks for voodoo info. I’m in PauP about a mile or two SW of the airport. in reply to Crimson_Cougar #
- Several of the adult leaders on our team have been approached by moms asking us to take their child because they cannot feed them… ##
- Last night in ## .. incredible drive through the mountains. Sorry… No pics this time… Just enjoying the ride and last moments here.
- We just saw the most amazing nighttime view of port-au-prince from the top of a mountain south of the city. Beautiful ##
Written by Dan King
Christ-follower. husband. father. author of the unlikely missionary: from pew-warmer to poverty-fighter. co-author of activist faith: from him and for him. director of family ministry at st. edward's episcopal church. president of fistbump media, llc.