Is there value in hashtags?
Twitter. Some see it as a constant stream of meaningless chatter. I see it as the Cliffs Notes version of what I really want to know. Some say it’s another useless form of social media. I say it’s the place where cool kids go to avoid Facebook.
Follow some Twitter feeds and you will get pictures of enchiladas, but follow others and you will peek at social philanthropy in action, and you will discover new voices and creative ways to embrace what you already love.
Since hashtags are viewed by everyone on Twitter, search for your favorite topic, and you will find like-minded people who are anxious to share.
Fun service related hashtags to check out
1. #blog4rescuse. bloggers use this hashtag to point readers to information and posts related to the fight against sex trafficking.
2. #activistfaith. In case you haven’t read Activist Faith yet, this will direct you to interviews, posts, and book reviews which will inspire you to act.
3. #serve. You can find everything from quotes to pictures of what others are doing to change the world around them.
4. #momsofboyschat. Tune in Friday, October 11th at 9:00 Central Time and get practical advice on teaching boys to serve others from Shelia Sjolseth.
5. #pray. One of my favorites.
What about you? What are some of your favorite topics and organizations to follow on Twitter?