If ever there was a book that was made for a group blogging project, it’s this one. This is what the InterVarsity Press website has to say about it:
In this book, you can travel with Sean Gladding between the lines of the Scriptures to listen in on the conversations of people wrestling with the Story of God for the first time. Whether sitting around a campfire in Babylon, reclining at table in Asia Minor or huddled together by candlelight in Rome, you’ll encounter a tale that is at once familiar and surprising.
The Story of God, the Story of Us can be read alone but is especially rich shared with a group. Sean Gladding presents an account of the Bible that pays attention to its audience as well as its message. He introduces you to people who may remind you of yourself or your family, friends and coworkers. As much as the Bible is a story about God, it’s also a story about you–and all of us–as we encounter God in a new way.
And and we have an incredible team leading us through discussion on this book:
- Victoria Jenkins – Blog Editor at Hope For Women Magazine
- Jennifer Lee – TheHighCalling.org and Blogger at Getting Down With Jesus at
- Pastor Bryant Neal – Pastor of Camak Baptist Church (Camak, GA)
- Crystal Rowe – Director of Children and Youth Ministries at Lutheran Church of the Ressurection (Marietta, GA) and Blogger at Soul Munchies
And here’s our posting schedule:
Chapter 1: Creation (Bryant Neal)
– Bonus Video: Creation
Chapter 2: Catastrophe (Victoria Jenkins)
Chapter 3: Covenant (Crystal Rowe)
– Bonus Video: Covenant
Chapter 4: Community (Part 1): Exodus (Jenifer Lee)
– Bonus Video:
Chapter 5: Community (Part 2): Sinai (Bryant Neal)
Chapter 6: Conquest (Crystal Rowe)
Chapter 7: Crown (Jennifer Lee)
Chapter 8: Conceit (Victoria Jenkins)
Interlude (Dan King)
Author’s Closing Thoughts (Sean Gladding)
So stay tuned for some great discussion, and please feel free to jump into the comments and share your thoughts! In the meantime, here are a few things that you can do right now…
- Buy the book. It’ll be a much better experience for you if you follow along in your own copy of the book.
- Subscribe to updates. Get the latest posts in this series in your email inbox or favorite feed reader. This is the best way to keep up with everything!
- Tweet it up! Follow @bibledude and retweet updates from this event. If you want to share your own tweets, make sure that you use the #storyofGod hashtag.