You are reading about the #Help1Haiti Bloggers Trip. Read more from this series of articles.
- here we go... @helponenow haiti bloggers 2012
- three reasons to follow the @helponenow haiti bloggers
- sometimes it's messy work
- on the importance of coming back
- in which God is up to something
- together, our stories change things: #powerofwe
- the @helponenow bloggers guide to empowering haiti's future
- christmas and the heart of giving
But this is the real deal. I’m pretty certain that I’m not dreaming.
In fact, I just got an email with my flight itinerary. So unless my dreams have hacked my Gmail account, then I’m pretty certain this is actually happening.
I’m going back to Haiti!
And the team that I’m leading is totally rock-star status!
When I was in Haiti earlier this year with Help One Now, I was blown away with the multitude of stories that needed to be told. I’m a firm believer that stories can change the world. so Chris Marlow and I started talking about getting a crew of storytellers down there. The result is the first ever trip (October 8-12), and the people who’ve said yes to going on this trip blows my mind. Check it…
- Jennie Allen
- Sarah Bessey
- Mary DeMuth
- Jen Hatmaker
- Kristen Howerton
- Deidra Riggs
- Duane Scott
- Scott Wade (Photographer)
- Mollie Donovan Burpo (Photographer)
- Kris Rutherford (Filmmaker)
Umm… yeah. Even if you’re not familiar with some of these names, check them out. These guys (and ladies) are legit. One thing I can promise you is that the stories and images you’ll see coming out of this trip will be nothing short of breathtaking.
While I’ll spend a great deal of time on this trip simply in awe of the talent I’ll be surrounded with, the best part for me is that I’ll be getting back down to Haiti. The real rock stars are the friends I have down there who deal with more struggle in a single week than many of us deal with all year. Those are my heroes, and I can’t wait to rub shoulders with them again!
So follow the team on Twitter, check out our Twitter hashtag feed at #Help1Haiti, and visit for all the latest updates. On the trip page, you’ll also learn about ways that you can get involved… like by sponsoring a child or having a Garage Sale 4 Orphans. You can even get badges to display on your blog that you’re following our team and help us spread the word!
Trust me. You won’t want to miss this one.
I’m still pinching myself.
Latest posts by Dan King (see all)
- some things aren’t worth compromising - April 24, 2017
- a pregnancy of the heart (our story of saying “yes” to #adoption) - February 3, 2017
- the #activistfaith voter guide to the presidential elections - October 24, 2016
SUBSCRIBE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE E-BOOK NOW!
Register for your free copy of the e-book Which is the Best Bible Translation? now, and join over 1,500 people who enjoy BibleDude.net being delivered directly to their inbox!