I’m not surprised a lot by this month’s list of what BibleDude.net readers are getting themselves into. It was a month when I was on a mission trip to Haiti doing a great deal of work with orphans and the poor. So to see several books on these issues on this list is encouraging because it tells me that what we’re doing is striking a chord and making many want to dig deeper.
I also know that I’ve shared some archived links to older post having to do with sex and sexuality, and I see how that may have converted into added interest in biblical perspectives on the topic. Amen to that!
And finally, there is a Kindle book that outsold MY Kindle book on sales completed through this site. But since we’re doing a 7-month long project on the book, I was really happy to see people diving into that one!
Is there anything on this list that looks particularly interesting to you? What else are you reading that’s not on this list?
(Old School-Style) Print Books
- When Helping Hurts: Alleviating Poverty Without Hurting the Poor. . .and Yourself by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett (see our book review)
- Compelled by Love: How to change the world through the simple power of love in action by Heidi Baker
- A Passion for the Fatherless: Developing a God-Centered Ministry to Orphans by Daniel Bennett
- Ameritopia: The Unmaking of America by Mark R. Levin
- James: Mercy Triumphs (Member Book) by Beth Moore
- Orphanology: Awakening to GospelCentered Adoption and Orphan Care by Tony Merida and Rick Morton
- Serving with Eyes Wide Open: Doing Short-Term Missions with Cultural Intelligence by David A. Livermore
- The Hope Habit: Finding God’s Goodness When Life is Hard by Terry Law and Jim Gilbert
- The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer
- Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help (And How to Reverse It) by Robert D. Lupton
- Vine’s Expository Dictionary of the Old & New Testament Words (Super Value Series) by W.E. Vine
- 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker (see our online group project)
- The Unlikely Missionary: From Pew-Warmer to Poverty-Fighter by Dan King
- Becoming a Man of Valor (Men of Valor series) by Mark R. Laaser
- Disciple (RE: Lit) by Bill Clem
- Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is): Sexual Purity in a Lust-Saturated World by Joshua Harris
- The 7 Principles of Highly Accountable Men (Men of Valor series) by Mark R. Laaser
- The Social Costs of Pornography: A Statement of Findings and Recommendations by Mary Anne Layden and Mary Eberstadt
- Wired for Intimacy: How Pornography Hijacks the Male Brain by William M. Struthers (see our book review)
- The Mystery of the Cross: Bringing Ancient Christian Images to Life by Judith Couchman (see our online group project)
- Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars (see our perspective on this music)
- Poison & Wine – EP by The Civil Wars