We like to read around here.
AND… I’m kind of a geek for reports. I gain a great deal of understanding about what makes this place tick when I look at things like search engine keyword reports that tell me how people get here.
One of the reports that I’ve looked at recently is my Amazon Affiliates reports. I don’t see who bought what, but I do see a list of the products purchased when visitors of this site click-thru to Amazon and then buy something during that session. And seeing this list of books (and music) tells me a great deal about what you all find interesting.
Here’s the list of what BibleDude.net readers have purchased in the last month…
(Old School-Style) Books:
- Fatherless Generation: Redeeming the Story by John Sowers (see our discussion on this book)
- God, If You’re Not Up There, I’m F*cked: Tales of Stand-Up, Saturday Night Live, and Other Mind-Altering Mayhem by Darrell Hammond
- It’s Not Okay with Me by Janine Maxwell
- Present Perfect: Finding God in the Now by Gregory A. Boyd (see our discussion on this book)
- Soulprint: Discovering Your Divine Destiny by Mark Batterson
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson
- The Unlikely Missionary: From Pew-Warmer to Poverty-Fighter by Dan King
- Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman
- Gracenomics: Unleash The Power Of Second Chance Living by Mike Foster
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- A Radical Idea: Unleashing the People of God for the Purpose of God by David Platt
- The Radical Question: What Is Jesus Worth to You? by David Platt
- Acts and Monuments of the Christian Martyr by John Fox
- John Wesley’s Notes On The Entire Bible by John Wesley
- Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
- Ordained Irreverence by McMillian Moody
- Uncensored Truth: A No-Spin Guide to the Christian Faith by Jud Wilhite
- A Plain Account of Christian Perfection & Sermons on Several Occasions (Complete Vol. 1-4) by John Wesley
- Heroes & Kings by Zebulun Abalos
- Blessings by Laura Story
What are you reading now that’s not on this list? Which of these books would you like to see more conversation about around here?
I finished ‘Not a Fan’ a couple of weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it. ‘Crazy Love’ by Francis Chan is one of my favorites. I’m also a big Donald Miller fan – ‘Blue Like Jazz’, ‘Searching for God knows what’ Thanks for the list, I’m going to take it to the library with me this summer when I actually have more time to read.
#bluelikejazz is one of my all-time favorites! but there’s some other really interesting stuff on this list that i should probably check out myself. and we’re considering some sort of project here on ‘not a fan’… so stay tuned…
sounds like we have some similar taste in reading lists… let me know if you check out something in particular on this list and give it a thumbs up or down. i’d love to know what you think of some of this stuff.
I have read “Fatherless Generation” and loved it. I have passed copies onto family/friends that were like me, dad was physically there but wasn’t involved in our lives. I love Donald Miller, “A Million Miles…” is my favorite. And, my copy of “Night” by Elie Wiesel is well worn.
@johnsowers work in #fatherlessgeneration is undoubtedly one of the most important works i’ve read recently, and the project we did on it (linked above) continues to resonate with people.
i also LOVE donald miller, and blue like jazz is one of my all-time favorites! i really need to check out a million miles…thanks for sharing!