I was supposed to go out into a well populated area, but it wasn’t people that I found myself surrounded with when getting this photo.
I always look hard for the right ‘photo moment’ when The High Calling‘s photoplay prompt comes up. And this one was no different. If there’s anything I struggle with in photography, it’s capturing the right moment.
This week’s prompt challenged us to:
- Find a place where there is a lot of activity.
- Fade into the scene by finding a comfortable place to sit or stand.
- Identify an object or person you would like to capture.
- Capture your subject in relation to the whole setting.
- Covert to black and white or use the black and white function on your camera.
When I was at my father-in-law’s ranch during feeding time for the cows, I found myself in one of those moments wondering if I could capture a cool image.
So I snapped a bunch of photos (on my DROID), converted a few to black and white (using the Android Photoshop app), and picked one that I thought turned out pretty cool.
I think that I’m starting to develop my eye for good photo moments, but it’s taking a great deal of patience. But finding a good shot is really exciting…
…so I’m more than willing to wait.