This video is part of one my lessons to the Young Adults Ministry that I lead. It is from my “Focus Creed Series”. Our creed is, “Through God, we will unite to transform our world by representing Christ, growing together, and equipping God’s people in order to honor and glorify His name.” With this creed, we have five “Focus Points”. This lesson is on the second Focus Point which is, “Mature – Striving to become all that God has called us to be.”
Watch this video, and then answer the questions that follow below…
[youtube ECjO_2UY98o Video :: Focus Lesson: Got Maturity?, Part 1 of 4]
Questions for further discussion:
- If Paul was writing to the “Church of the United States” today, do you think that the letter would look similar to his letter to the church in Corinth? Why or why not?
- Discuss the ‘position’ of the United States in relation to it’s wealth and importance among other societies around the world.
- Discuss how Eastern and Western mindsets come together in this ‘melting pot’ and how some of this thinking filters into the church. What influences in thinking affect how the church operates today?
- Discuss what kinds of divisions there are in the church today.
- Discuss the church’s need and responsibility to mature, and grow in Christ.
- What does the idea and process of maturing look like to you?