I remember sitting on the side of the stage at my church one Sunday morning several years ago telling our Missions Director that I wanted to go to Haiti. The political and spiritual climate down there never seemed to align to create the right opportunity to go. But when the earthquakes of January 12th hit, I knew that I had to get down there to help.
On August 6th, 2010 there were 46 of us that made the trip to help the healing and rebuilding process that our church is committing to being a part of for as long as it takes.
While in Port-au-Prince we did a VBS with the children, interacted with local teens, painted an orphanage, distributed food to the poor, and did other outreach and local ministry activities. During the time leading up to, during, and after this trip I plan to log as much of the journey as possible.
It’s my goal here to allow you to be just as much a part of this mission as possible. I pray that this trip touches you and changes your life just as much as it does for those who actually went. Check this page often for the latest posts, updates, photos, and videos…
- twitpics from haiti earthquake
- god in the midst of chaos [an interview with seth barnes]
- google maps images of #haiti
- scouting the land [mission to haiti]
- book review: following jesus through the eye of the needle
- why i’m going to #haiti [a personal testimony]
- following jesus into haiti [an interview with @kentannan]
- the #haiti mission agenda
Live Twitter Feed Digests (via @bibledude)
- twitter daily digest 8/5 (last minute preps)
- twitter daily digest 8/6 (arriving in port-au-prince)
- twitter daily digest 8/7 (work day at the orphanage)
- twitter daily digest 8/8 (doing church haitian-style)
- twitter daily digest 8/9 (delivering food to a poor, remote village)
- twitter daily digest 8/10 (two-day vbs, day one and dramas in the mountains)
- twitter daily digest 8/11 (two-day vbs, day two)
- twitter daily digest 8/12 (tour of downtown port-au-prince and downtime at the beach)
- twitter daily digest 8/13 (workday at the orphanage)
- twitter daily digest 8/14 (one-day vbs)
- twitter daily digest 8/15 (coming home)
- [the #haiti diaries] through vivian’s eyes
- [the #haiti diaries] chanler’s poem
- [the #haiti diaries] photo journal: jesus loves the little children
- [the #haiti diaries] the face of hunger
- [the #haiti diaries] photo journal: destruction, seven months later
- [the #haiti diaries] in nadine’s words
Blog by Carl Jones…
- Haiti. Part one.
- Haiti. Part two.
- Haiti. Part three.
- Haiti. Part four.
- Haiti. Souvenirs and the problems associated.
- Haiti. Part five.
- Haiti. Part six.
- Haiti. The final chapter.
Blog by Nadine Schleicher…
- My Adventure in Haiti Part 1
- My Adventure in Haiti Part 2
- My Adventure in Haiti Part 3
- My Adventure in Haiti Part 4
- My Adventure in Haiti Part 5
- @fellowshipsrq Haiti Mission Trip: VBS Testimony
- HAITIAN WORSHIP: Jezu Konnen Nou La (Jesus Knows You Are Here)
- HAITIAN WORSHIP: Haitian Men’s Choir from mountain church near Petionville
- HAITIAN WORSHIP: Haitian School Kids Singing (Port-au-Prince, Delmas 31 area)
- TRIP PHOTOS (by Clay McFarland): Faces of Haiti
- TRIP PHOTOS (by Clay McFarland): Fortress Mission in Haiti
Written for Other Sites
- Life Around the Rubble (HighCallingBlogs.com)
- How to Take Your Whole Church (and the World) on a Mission Trip (churchcrunch.com)
Follow these reports from Haiti by visiting https://bibledude.life/haiti or getting the free (spam-free) subscription.
Praying in VA, and so thankful for your willingness to go – to serve. Blessings to you my friend!
Thanks Cheryl! Check back to this page regularly for updates and specific things that you can pray for. I really appreciate you!