There is a revolution happening in the church today, and it is one of serving! Whether you are a seasoned servant already, or just want to find more ways to live the Christian lifestyle, then I encourage you to stick around…
Dino Rizzo’s new book Servolution: Starting a Church Revolution Through Serving is going to be the focus of an exciting group blogging project here at bibledude.net. It will be an opportunity to dive into this book, talk about it with other people, and hopefully walk away with lots of passion and ideas that will change your walk with Christ!
Every day for two weeks a different person will be sharing their thoughts on one chapter of the book. It is a very diverse lineup that I’m sure will bring many different perspectives on this discussion!
The chapter schedule along with who will be sharing on each chapter is as follows:
- The Beginning of a Servolution: Forty-Five Tons of Tea (6/19) – Jim Blake (Concerned Christians Canada)
- Strategic Servolution: Rat Bait and Cheetah-Print Nightgowns (6/20) – Monica Brand (Paper Bridges)
- The Culture of Serving: An Unexpected Opportunity (6/21) – Mike Kress
- Servolution Is All about Jesus: Four Walls and a Slave (6/22) – Christina Meyer (What’s With Christina?)
- Hurricane Katrina: The Day the Levees Broke (6/23) – Bryant Neal (Camak Baptist Church)
- Bonnie’s Random Thoughts) (6/24) – Bonnie Irving (
- The Fabric of a Servolution: A Towel and a Basin (6/25) – Victoria Jenkins (Let the Son Shine)
- Unlocking the Need: There’s a Great Treasure Inside (6/26) – John Lambert ( )
- Staying on Course: A Speech, a Spotlight, and a Season (6/27) – Paul Batchie (On Following Christ)
- The Cost of a Servolution: More Than Money (6/28) – Mike Levitt (Michael Levitt’s Blog)
- No Excuses: 165,000 Easter Eggs (6/29) – John Dix (Grace Church of Glendora)
- Servolution Street: The Neighborhood Where Jesus Lives (6/30) – Gabriel Morton (Christ in 3D)
- Keep Your Serve Alive: Avoiding Compassion Fatigue (7/1) – Karen Shumway
- Never Serve Alone: Where’s My High Five? (7/2) – Chris Neufeld (Twisted Christian)
So stay tuned for some great discussion, and please feel free to jump into the comments and share your thoughts! In the meantime, here are a few things that you can do right now…
- Buy the book. It will be a much better experience for you if you follow along in your own copy of the book.
- Subscribe to updates. Get the latest posts in this series in your email inbox or favorite feed reader. This is the best way to keep up with everything!
- Tweet it up! Follow @bibledude and retweet updates from this event. If you want to share your own tweets, make sure that you use the #servolution hashtag.
I’ll talk to you again soon!
Latest posts by About Guest Blogger (see all)
- aren’t all souls equal? - January 10, 2012
- [fatherless generation] closing thoughts from @johnsowers - April 22, 2011
- the seventy-two project - May 22, 2010
SUBSCRIBE AND DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE E-BOOK NOW!
Register for your free copy of the e-book Which is the Best Bible Translation? now, and join over 1,500 people who enjoy BibleDude.net being delivered directly to their inbox!